Director of Aerospace Programs
About the Opportunity:
Saratech is seeking a Senior Director of Aerospace our Engineering Services Division. This is a full-time position located at our corporate headquarters in Mission Viejo, CA. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications, experience, and abilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of customer relationship management tools, Salesforce.com a plus
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation of consistent and standardized oversight principles and techniques, and provides mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Develop the overall prioritization, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria.
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule.
- Communicate with potential client to determine scope of project for desired services, timeline and cost sensitivity.
- Conduct internal reviews to determine program staffing to ensure technical skills are paired with technical needs at the appropriate time.
- Create business proposals including schedule, deliverables, and cost.
- Provide business proposals to potential clients and negotiate terms.
- Partnering with Contracts, finalize business proposals including ensuring contract conditions minimize Saratech risk.
- Develop control systems that accurately measure progress of schedule, risk, and technical performance and with sufficient time for corrective action should issues arise.
- Manage program budget, identify and mitigate potential over-runs before they are realized.
- Manage relationship with client throughout project.
- Review component qualifications through similarity comparison to ensure they meet certification requirements.
- Travel in support of training meetings and customer site visits.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly understand and learn new technologies
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand and learn professional terminology
- Responsible, responsive, and accountable for tasks
- Complies with all organizational policies and procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all customer and/or employee information to assure customer and/or employee rights are protected
- Adheres to policies regarding notification of absence and PTO requests
- Attends all mandatory management and staff meetings
- Represents the organization in a respectful and professional manner
- Attend and comply with annual health, safety, training and education requirements
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean
- Subject to background check
- Physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow detailed complex directions, reason and problem solve.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Company participates in E-Verify.
- Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.
- This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned.
NOTE TO STAFFING AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS: Saratech does not accept unsolicited resumes from any external agency for the placement of any position. Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies and received by Saratech will be considered the property of Saratech and may be contacted and engaged with directly by Saratech. Saratech will not pay a placement fee or any other fees to any third-party agency, firm or recruiter who is not specifically retained with a signed fee agreement by Saratech Human Resources to conduct a candidate search. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website or to any Saratech employee. Saratech will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY NOTICE: Paydarfar Industries, Inc. dba Saratech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.